The steps to select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) vary based on your insurance provider. Our PCPs accept most major insurance providers; however, below are some things to consider when choosing the right PCP for you and a few frequently asked questions: Things to consider when choosing a PCP:
- Can they give me what I need?
- How available is the doctor?
- Will they be there when I need them?
- Location(s) of the doctor’s office.
- If I am in the hospital, can this doctor visit me?
Does a person select the Family Choice Health Network as a whole as their PCP, or choose an individual doctor within the group?
- You will select the individual doctor within the group, but you are able to switch to another doctor anytime you want.
What are the advantages of selecting a PCP from Family Choice Medial Group?
- Easy access to referrals with other FCHN specialists. We are one of the few HMOs that allow direct referrals to specialists without a wait time.
- Full access to our network of primary care physicians – we have nearly 200, carefully selected doctors for you to choose from.
- 24/7 access to most hospital services.
- Complete access to a broad network of specialists and resources – Auxiliary services, in-patient, out-patient, x-rays, social services, case manager, nursing home, skilled nursing, and more. You can access to the whole continuum.
- Highly accessible PCPs– many take walk-ins and some are open on Saturdays.